The PROLITE Difference
At PROLITE, we pride ourselves on being different. It’s not only part of our character, it is a goal of ours. Think about our rich history dating back to 1984. Arlen Paranto, the original creator of today’s pickleball paddle structure did not follow the other company’s lead and make wood pickleball paddles. He thought differently. He thought outside the box. His goal was to advance pickleball equipment and he did just that! He was light years ahead of the competition.
Fast forward 37 years later to the year 2021. While much of the game’s demographic and influence has changed becoming more mainstream across the world, the philosophy at PROLITE has remained constant. Be A Leader, Not A Follower. Research. Develop. Innovate. Curiosity drives us to investigate, then develop new ways of thinking. Enhance the player’s experience with pickleball paddles leading to a confident, controlled, and powerful shot selection. PROLITE continues to lead the market with innovative, technologically advanced paddles perfect for all backgrounds player’s styles.
PROLITE’S WOVEN CARBON FIBER TECHNOLOGY – BLACK DIAMOND SERIES (BDS)
The quality of our exclusive woven carbon fiber technology is truly some of the best that can be bought. From the moment we laid eyes on it in 2015, we were intrigued, but it wasn’t until we felt an outdoor pickleball bounce off of the surface until we realized this wasn’t any ordinary paddle material. It was truly something special! PROLITE became the first company to implement the woven carbon fiber technology into the paddle. A high grade that went directly to the face of the paddle. By far, the best we have ever felt. There are many types of carbon fiber on the market. This was of another level, the type used in aerospace, luxury vehicles, and now the pickleball industry. The Black Diamond Series or BDS, carbon fiber, does not just absorb energy. It disperses energy. This means when the ball strikes the surface, it disperses energy throughout every woven fiber of the paddle. This is important in our sport to play a controlled game, have the ability to reset an opponent’s shot, and bring the ball back softly across the net. There is a dwell (hold) time on the paddle longer than other paddles. This leads to more feel and consistency in shots, specifically in the most vital shots in pickleball, the third shot drop and the aggressive dinks. Carbon fiber at high speeds create less friction, and can feel stiffer at contact. For example a forehand groundstroke or serve. What does that mean? It equates to hitting with plenty of power. At slower speeds, such as dinking or third shot drops, it creates more friction and “grab” to the ball. An excellent performance trait to have! As our carbon fiber paddle ages, these small carbon hairs fray and create even more spin on the ball. It’s a natural occurrence in the decay of the fibers. It’s the best of the best. PROLITE is very proud to be able to state with confidence, that we were the first company to design an advanced pickleball paddle made from woven carbon fiber.
How will the BDS series by PROLITE benefit your game?
- Longer dwell time on thicker paddle face equating to more feel and forgiveness
- Softer touch on your third shot drops and dinking rallies
- Energy dispersed evenly at impact leading to less vibration, solid impact, and crisper shots
- Maximum spin due to longer dwell time and carbon fiber hold
- With a variety of paddle shapes in the BDS series, a player looking for specific weight distribution can find the perfect fit for their game
PROLITE’S POWERGRIT Surface TECHNOLOGY
PowerGrit Surface Technology is the first of it’s kind in the pickleball paddle industry. Many companies strive to add roughness to their surface of their paddle models. We decided to go a step further (we can’t help it, it’s in our chemical makeup) and develop the Surface NRG paddle. We worked relentlessly. Our goal was to develop a surface that not only pushed the limits of roughness allowance, but it actually had surface GRIT across the entire paddle, especially the sweet spot. We tested numerous prototypes, most we were unsatisfied with. Until we had exactly what we had wanted. Surface Grit, Spin, Feel, and Power.
PowerGrit Surface Technology:
- A rough surface on the paddle face consisting of small grit texture spread across entire graphic
- Maximum roughness allowance, while still being a USAPA Approved pickleball paddle
- Excellent Vibration absorption qualities ensuring a strong and comfortable feel at ball impact
- Powerful deflection/rebound with an aggressive stroke
- Ball absorption/compression at impact – perfect for absorbing the shock from an opponent’s hard hit
- Extra thick polycarbonate layer aiding better control – not currently used by other competitor brands
PROLITE’S Low Profile Tapered Edge Technology
In 2016, we began development of a brand new, highly durable edge guard for our paddles. We felt our edge guard at the time needed improvement, but we also concurred that the paddle market’s current edge guard situation among most brands were inferior. We saw many break down rapidly, some even cracking. By the way, that should never occur. Nor should you have an edgeless paddle where scrapes/chipping will occur after the first time you play with your paddle. Your edge guard protects that from occurring as well as providing solid weight distribution necessary for power and control.
We knew the process would take time. Numerous prototypes were made until we were 100% satisfied. Don’t fault perfectionism when it comes to a product we are all passionate about at PROLITE Sports. We try to utilize the philosophy, “Do it right the first time and do your homework!”
What we wanted in our edge:
- A high end classy edge that with a sleek, polished look
- Durability, which means a material composition that would would resist breakdown
- Protection of the inner and outer construction of our paddles maintaining proper weight distribution and balance points
- Perfect balance and weight distribution no matter what shape of the paddle. If you have the perfect edge guard, why have 2 different types to hit certain weights? It’s all about balance!
- The “legs” of the guard must taper down towards the face of the paddle with minimal overlap becoming one with paddle surface
Feel The Difference.
OUR INNOVATIVE HANDLE TECHNOLOGY
While most companies (even well known companies in the industry) continue to use basic balsa wood handles used for model airplanes or foam handle parts, both of which compress and eventually break down, we decided to take the proactive approach and do what we have always done since the beginning. Innovate. Create. Improve. Lead. Our new handle technology is not only different and better. It is superior.
- Superior handle design
- Engineered to perform at any level
- Made of LDPE – Low Density Polyethylene material
- Designed with Innovative Rib Technology
- Will not breakdown like foam and balsa handles (keeping shape and weight constant)
- Unlike any other handle it will give both cushioning as well as support
- More comfortable
- Allows to conform to the players hand without flat spots like balsa and foam used by many of the other paddle manufacturers
- Does not absorb moisture and sweat
- Keeps it original shape
- Made with recyclable material, a greener alternative
PROLITE’s very own Pickleball-Only End Cap
Some companies take an easy road and buy actual pipe fitting caps like shown below. We have never thought like this. First off, it lacks creativity, ingenuity, and originality. Second, we are not a pipe or plumbing company. We are a pickleball paddle and grip company!
- Tapered toward the handle allowing a flush tight fit
- Engineered to become one with the handle by tapering toward the grip of the paddle
- Not just a tennis racquet end cap that fits a paddle, IT’S A PICKLEBALL ONLY END CAP
- Design reduces discomfort of cap ‘digging” into player’s hand
PROLITE’s Form Fitting End cap
Sign up for games, tips and special offers.